No educational institution is complete without a good, well stocked library, nor can education be complete without inculcating healthy reading habits. The school has a well stocked, spacious, well lit and ventilated library which houses good volume on varied subjects. We at SJCMS understand that children have their individual preferences when it comes to reading. An excellent, well stocked library with over 3000 books is set up. Each class has an hour of compulsory library period in a week.
The Library is stocked with titles in, English literature and Fiction, Biographies, Adventures, Tamil literature and fiction, Philosophy, Religion, Arts. The library also subscribes few magazines and journals. The library remains open during school hours.
Library Rules and Regulations:
- Students are not allowed to keep a library book for more than seven days.
- Those who wish to keep a book for more than a week must have it reissued.
- Those who keep the library book for more than a week are liable to be fined Rs. 1/- per day.
- Students are expected to take great care of the library books. If a book is lost or damaged the student in whose name it was issued will have to make good the loss.
- Only one book at a time shall be issued.
- All books must be returned before the First, Second and Third Term examinations.